Friday, March 4, 2011

Roma Diary by Ellie


This picture is of me and Liam inside the Pantheon.
Friday 25 Feb., 2011

Today after school we took the train to Rome. I read and ate the pizza my mom gave to me. When we arrived, it was freezing cold outside but soon we took the taxi to our apartment. After that, we watched a little TV and fell straight to sleep.

Saturday 26 Feb., 2011

Today I woke up and got dressed. Then I watched a little of Cuccoli Amici and went out of our apartment and luckily, there was a cafe where I had a chocolate croissant and then we took the bus to the Colosseum and walked around. But then it got super cold and we walked to another cafe where I had a toast (it was very yummy) and we walked to the Forum and I bought a splat-piggy. Then we had lunch at Enoteca Cavour and then we walked to the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. Then we got a 2-scoop gelato and went to a restaurant near our apartment.

Sunday 27 Feb., 2011

Today we got up early and walked to the Vatican but when we arrived, there was already a 3-hour wait so we went to Castle St'Angelo and then went to Piazza Navona where we got a picture drawn of me and Liam. Then we went to the Pantheon and it rained through the hole in the dome. Then we had dinner at Campo Dei Fiori and when we started walking it started to pour and we saw lightning and heard thunder. By the time we got back to our apartment we were soaked.

Monday 28 Feb., 2011

Today we woke up extra early and went straight to the Vatican and luckily we made it! Then we went to St. Peter's Cathedral and saw the really high dome with paintings and windows. Then we went to the Vatican Museum and it was only a 1/2 hour wait. We got to see the Greek statues and the Sistine Chapel. Then we went to the train station and had more gelato but we accidentally got on the wrong train and had to get off in Florence. In Florence we got lunch and went on the right train and came home and ate at a restaurant near our house.


Note from Hart: This was a homework assignment for Ellie - finally got her to write! Guess the food was most memorable for her. Funny, though, I thought there was only one very good meal there (Enoteca Cavour, suggested by Rick Steves). I loved the lunch in Florence, though! The sights were amazing to see again after so many years. It was fun to share tidbits of info. with the kids, although Liam's new catchphrase is "I hate ancient things". That kid!!! I'll post pictures of our trip on FB, since I can't do more than one here.




No comments:

Post a Comment