Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Circus (Circo)


Ellie liked the horses trotting in formations, the little ponies, and the dogs doing tricks the best.


Liam liked the seals balancing balls on their noses, clapping, shooting baskets, and pretending to go to sleep.


Ander was entertained by everything: tigers, camels, yaks, zebras, a hippopotamus!!! (so sad), clowns, juggling, magic tricks, horse vaulting, acrobatics.


Everyone enjoyed the cotton candy.


Justin was happy to have found out about the circus from a co-worker & to get front-row seats for only 6 euro.


We were happy to see that they put a cage up before bringing out the tigers (since we were in the front row)!


Although the circus was similar to one I went to when I was a child (& could not exist now in the US) & we found the situation for the animals so sad, I'm glad we had this experience. It was a one time event for me as a child & it will be a one time event for my kids as well. I was glad to have the chance to talk to them afterwards about what I liked & didn't about the circus - this entertainment comes at a cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment